Hello, all my crafty beauties!
It's October and you know what that means, right?! It's time to celebrate Halloween!! The inspiration photo for this month is packed with some of the classic colors to celebrate the holiday.
As you can see I took inspiration from the color palette and decided to make a canvas piece using some texture and some pretty, yet, fun Halloween stickers. This piece will be a great addition to my home decor for this time of year. I hope you will enjoy it as much as I do. It's girly, yet, packed with creeps and of coarse loads of glitter.
Creative Embellishments: Flourish Stencil
Prima Marketing/Finnabair Studio: "Ginger Magic" Sparks Acrylic Paint
Prima Marketing/Finnabair Studio: Heavy Black Gesso
Simon Say's Stamp: Intense Black Ink
Jolee's Boutique: Halloween Stickers - No longer available
My own homemade Texture Paste
Wal-Mart: Aileen’s Tacky Glue
Let's get this show on the road, shall we?
- Begin by laying down a nice coat of orange acrylic paint
- Next, you will use your stencil with some texture paste
- Once the past dries, lay down the stencil again and run black gesso over the texture paste
Hint: This provides the project with dimension and texture
- Once the gesso dries, splatter the canvas with watered down white gesso
Hint: The white splatters break up the black a bit
- Now you will distress the edges using some black ink to give it a finished look
- Now get out your creepy Halloween embellishments
Hint: I used some stickers from my stash to which I altered cutting them to fit the canvas
Hint: To ensure that the stickers stay, I used my favorite adhesive
There you have it!! Yes, that was all the steps it took to make this decorative piece to enhance the holiday for my home!
Here are some close-ups for you to enjoy!