Hello creative souls,
Today I am going to share gorgeous Christmas decorations – Mixed Media Baubles with you all. As we all are busy in preparing so many things to make this festive season more joyful and precious, so on our The Academy Blog we have a gorgeous mood board to inspire you all to create something with traditional Christmas colours.
Here I share the process of making these Mixed Media Baubles in easy steps:
- Take ordinary plastic baubles and apply 2 coats of Black Gesso and let them dry completely.
- Take a few pieces of fabric and dip them into the diluted glue (add water to dilute the glue) or you can use Mod Podge if available in your stash. You can also use a hot glue gun to adhere the fabric pieces on the baubles.
- Now wrap the both baubles using small pieces of glue dipped fabric. Adhere in such a way to create some textures, use your fingers to make some irregular shapes, and also leave some small area on both baubles. Then dry them again.
- After drying add another layer of black gesso and let them dry completely.
- Add some glue dots to create some more textures.
- Then use Prima Marketing – Finnabair– Acrylic paints (Metallique Royal Red and Green Olive). I added the Lindy’s Stamp Gang magical shaker – Black Forest Black into the Green acrylic paint to make a little dark shade of green colour to match with our challenge mood board. Then let them dry.
- Add some golden effects by applying Prima Marketing – Finnabair – Metallique wax (Vintage Gold) using dry brushing technique.
- At the end tie ribbons and make bows to decorate them and add gorgeous Little Birdie Flowers to add extra beauty. Now our Christmas tree decorations are ready.
Do you love the way I altered these mixed media baubles, I hope you will feel inspired to make few for your Christmas tree as well. I invite you all to play along with us and enter your gorgeous creations in our December AcademyScrapArt Challenge.
Thank you so much for stopping by.
“WISHING YOU A MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A VERY HAPPY, PROSPEROUS NEW YEAR”
Much love to all.
Dr Monika Tripathi Shukla