Here I am sharing mixed media altered bottles, inspired by our March Challenge mood board. When I looked at these colours, I got the idea to up-cycle two plastic bottles (empty jars from kitchen). I love altering and up-cycling things, so today I am going to share these two altered pieces.
1. Choose any plastic bottle to alter. You can search for any empty jar from your kitchen.
2. First apply a base coat of Heavy Gesso – White (Prima Marketing – Finnabair) and dry it.
3. Then apply another coat of Finnabair Patina effect paste – Mint Green.
4. Make some clay element to decorate the bottles using IOD moulds and Prima paper clay. You can also use any air drying clay.
5. Use Brown shade acrylic paint to colour the clay element, then adhere clay elements on the bottle using 3D gloss gel and let them dry completely.
6. Then use dark green chalk paint to add another shade of green. Use Finnabair wax – Vintage Gold to give the final finish.
7. Let them dry completely.
So this is the super easy way to alter these vintage bottles. Now they are ready to decorate the desk or kitchen counter.
I invite you all to join our March challenge and grab the chance to win a lovely prize from our Academy.
I hope you will like my work.
Thanks so much for visiting The Academy Blog.
Stay tuned for more inspirations, my lovely friends.
Monika Shukla - UrooCreations