I am back with you sharing a DT project I made for The Academy of Scrapbooking and Arts!!
I had such a fun time creating this piece and I hope you will be inspired to create some up-cycling artworks of your own too. For you today I am sharing a quick tutorial on how to make and alter a CD.
Here is our inspiration for the month of March! I invite you all to join our Challenge
Prima Marketing/Finnabair Studio: Mint Green Texture Paste
Prima Marketing/Finnabair Studio: Lucky Emerald Wax
Prima Marketing: Santa Baby Mint Flowers
Creative Embellishments: Lace Border 4
Creative Embellishments: Flourish Butterfly Set 2
Lindy's Stamp Gang: Midnight Emerald Embossing Powder
American Crafts: Green Glitter Embossing Powder
Wal-Mart: Extra Fine Crystal Glitter
Wal-Mart: Aileen's Tacky Glue
Let's do this, shall we?
• Cover the front of your CD with scrap paper and cut off the excess
• Cover the surface with texture paste and sprinkle on glitter while the paste is still wet
• While that's drying, emboss your chipboard cut-outs
• My frame was already green but, if you'd like, paint your frame and distress it with wax along with the edges of the CD to allow the mint texture to POP.
• Now the fun begins, place your elements beginning with your chipboard border
• Add a piece of foam to the back of the frame so it sits flat on the CD
• You can now place your flowers using your favorite adhesive
• Lastly, place your butterfly on top of the flowers and your sticker sentiment
Here are some close-ups for you to enjoy!
I hope you have enjoyed the tutorial today. I look forward to hearing your feedback. Until next time!
Sending you all many hugs and much love!!
Facebook: Jessica Larios